Saint Hedwig of Silesia 3289
- Born: 1174, Andechs Castle, Bavaria, Germany 3289
- Marriage (1): Duke Henry The Bearded of Silesia in 1186 3289
- Died: 15 Oct 1243 at age 69 3289
- Buried: Trzebnica Abbey, Silesia, Poland 3289
Noted events in her life were:
• Canonized, 1267. 3289 She was canonized by the Catholic Church in 1267. She is the patron saint of Silesia , of Andechs , and of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Wroclaw and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Görlitz . Her feast day is celebrated on the General Roman Calendar on 16 October. A 17th-century legend has it that Hedwig, while on a pilgrimage to Rome , stopped at Bad Zell in Austria , where she had healing waters spring up at a source which today still bears her name.
Hedwig married Duke Henry The Bearded of Silesia, son of Duke Boleslaw The Tall of Wroclaw and Christina, in 1186.3289 (Duke Henry The Bearded of Silesia was born circa 1165 in Glogow, Lower Silesia, Poland,3290 died on 19 Mar 1238 in Krosno Odrzanskie, Poland 3290 and was buried in Trzebnica (Trebnitz), Silesia, Poland 3290.)